Halal Keto chicken and spinach "lasagna"
Since starting the Keto diet I've been craving a good slice of lasagna and since pasta is a no, no!, I bring you the keto friendly version.
- 4 Chicken breasts,
- 1 jar pasta sauce*
- 1.5 cups of thawed, frozen spinach, drain and squeeze out excess water.
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1/5 cup of GreenLand Feta**
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella/ provolone mix cheese.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste***
- season saltDirections-Preheat oven to 400Fgrease baking dish or cover in foil, pour sauce into the bottom of the dish.Season chicken breasts with season salt and half of garlic.lay chicken in a single layer in the bottom of the dish on top of sauce.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together cheeses, egg, spinach and remaining garlic.
Spoon mixture over chicken breasts.
bake uncovered 45 min or until chicken is cooked and cheese is lightly browned.
* tomatoes have a load of sugar carbs, if you're at your daily limit, you can omit the sauce and use diced tomatoes, still some carbs but not as much.
** if you can;t find GreenLand feta ( a creamy feta) you can use regular feta and a few teaspoons more cream cheese.
*** Garlic, another one of those amazing things that can add unwanted carbs.