- 1 pound soft sweet cream butter
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together sugar vanilla salt and butter
- Work flour into the mix 1 cup at a time.
- Once dough is formed it can be rolled into a ball, make a depression in the middle fill with fruit preserves/jam,
poppy seed pastry filling or rolled and cut into cookie bars and
shapes.Bake until edges brown 10-12 min. if the dough is to soft
refrigerate until firmer. can be made ahead and frozen.
I use this all the time for my holiday cookies, In Eid everyone wants them!